Perusing the blog world for the last month I have brainstormed about my life, my attitude, my voice, so many things.
I am following in the footsteps everyone is making with their thoughts and ideas and starting February I will be taking blogging more seriously. I see now that my "blog" isn't muich more than my xanga was - a thought outlet.
These are my twelve resolutions for 2012 and my word of 2012.
1. Lose 20 lbs.
I have gained at least ten since I met my husband in April 2011 and before that was on my way down froma size 16. I am back there now. And possibly a few heavier. I do not like how that feels or looks. That is going to change.
2. Make a cookbook.
I have collected and made so many recipes since I learned to cook and they are so unorganized. I hate that. I made a small cookbook for my sister last year when she started renting and having her own good-sized kitchen and her own family to cook for. I enjoyed it so much and can't wait to tackle this project.
3. Get renters insurance.
This is a small, easy thing, but something I definitely want to do this year. It is very important and a big mental leap, so I put it here.
4. Pay off student loans.
I went to college for a year and accumulated the student part of my loan which is about $5,000. Budgeting right will allow me and my husband to be rid of that debt so I can feel free to go back to school or not, and also free to pursue a job without being held back by debt collection agencies.
5. Make and follow a budget.
I will start this by keeping a journal all of February (two paychecks) of how we spend our money so I can accurately make a budget with knowledge of all the variables.
6. Shoot a rifle.
I have shot a little 22 at cans and logs, but never an animal-killing rifle. I would like to learn to hunt to further enjoy things my husband enjoys, as well as becoming more active in what comes to our table.
7. Learn to crochet.
I am crafty, but have not mastered this skill. I would like to. Not a lot of explanation here.
8. Make a tee shirt quilt.
My mother and I have collected tee shirts from my whole life. Camps, schools, extracurriculars, anything. I would like to keep and commemorate them, but a pile of tee shirts isn't cutting it and there is no way to display them without wasting space. What better way to keep something special then to make it something you have no reason to get rid of?
9. Re-register to vote.
Kind of like renters insurance, probably a simple task, but an important one. I think we will change our state residency to Tennessee, which includes drivers licenses and having an address there. IDK much about this... so I need to focus on this as much as other larger tasks.
10. Go on vacation to new places.
We have both traveled extensively in America and I would like to continue that tradition. My ideas are Savannah, GA and Lancaster, PA. (so far)
11. Go fishing.
Anothe husband/food thing. :D
12. Make a mission statement for our family.
I got this idea from a blog I think. I will get the source up later, along with quoted text, and also from teh movie Courageous. We are a new family with dreams of getting bigger, like any company or group it is important to know what our goals are.
My Word: CURIOSITY
I would like not only to HAVE curiosity, always asking and wondering and learning, but also to BE a curiosity as a wife and a woman that stands out for her actions, attitude, character, accomplishments, etc.
TAFN
(So much to do re-organizing my apartment! And greeting the husband home from work! :D)
No comments:
Post a Comment