Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Definitely a fun day.

Got to get on base today after hubby passed his pt test. Yay for  my 29'' waisted guy. lol


Checked out the new bx, which is the base exchange which is a shopping center for us.


Clothes, food, household decor and furniture, outdoor, electronics, toiletries, etc.


A lot larger than our old one, which was pretty much depressing.


After an hour and a half there, I headed over to the old bx where there is a thrift store that is only available to lower enlisted families. Donated some bags which they were in dire need of last time I went.


Hopped over to the commissary, which is our grocery store, and grabbed a few things.


Then quickly to the library where I got the second Anne book: Anne of Avonlea and another book by the same author.


And scooted over to the post office to grab stamps for the thank you notes, which now that I am thinking of it, we may have not needed thirty because some we will include in Christmas gifts. Oh well, a few extra stamps won't hurt, until the usps raises stamp tax or whatever that is.


Got to thinking again today how much I hate WalMart. I am so glad to have recently committed to stop going there. It is destroying the American economy and job market and it is superbly annoying to go there and at times in Sumter, even dangerous.


Got home, got some online shopping done, in preparation for Christmas. Found a nutcracker for my Mom from Etsy - what a lovely place! And looking for a wedding album for myself, as the pictures are coming in about two weeks, and that will be the project I work on for a while. :)


We only really have two gifts left to get, for my brother- and mother-in-law. Should be pretty easy to grab them in the weeks ahead. What I am really waiting for is our Christmas tree!!! I think I will get one from a local market around the corner from us, and not many ornaments this year, but already have a string of lights to put on it. That reminds me of another item I am on the lookout for: a tree topper. I am not sure what will even suit our taste, but I am defnitely excited about the hunt.


And tomorrow is the new Jenna Marbles, which is always an anticipated event.


Hopefully get some thank you notes done tomorrow, and possibly order my mom's nutcracker and a tree topper.


Glad for the cold weather, I am ready for it to feel wintery! In celebration of the cold I made Spanish Hot Chocolate - what a treat! (Really simple: melted chocolate, milk, cream, sugar, salt, and the kicker is the nutmeg!) I discovered such treat when I was taking Spanish 4 at Quantico High School and our teacher found some Abuelita at a local Spanish Mercado. It is like a block of sandy cocoa mix, but so so spicy and wonderful. I am sure it was not just nutmeg in that mix!


Got to talk to my sister today and definitely reaching out to friends again now that I am back on facebook. Life is good.


The pastor of our church comes over Saturday, one of our close friends is visiting the state before she moves to a foreign country. And Christmas church events are scattered in the upcoming weeks. Looks like a pretty cheerful season ahead.


I may just be blabbering, but this is making my head feel so cleared and unstressed, but I will sign off for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment